Reviewed January 2021
About This Policy
This explains how Tate Fencing Ltd uses and protects any information that you give to Tate Fencing when you use our website.
Tate Fencing Ltd is compliant with the current General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) law, which means that the data we hold about you must be:
- Accurate and up to date
- Used in a lawful, fair and transparent manner.
- Only collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- Relevant, adequate and limited only to the purposes for which it is processed.
- Held in a secure manner, ensuring that the data is protected against unauthorised use, loss, misuse and disclosure.
- Kept for no longer than is necessary.
Processing Personal Data
We rely on the following lawful bases for the processing of your data:
Consent – We ask your consent for marketing to you by email or post; by consenting to this request, we can collect and process your data for this purpose.
Contract – We need to collect and process your personal data to fulfil a contract with you; for example, if you place an order or ask for a quote.
Legal obligation – Where necessary we are obliged to process personal data to comply with the law; for example, if you place an order with us, we must retain some personal data for at least six years to comply with HMRC and our obligations under legislation including the Sale of Goods Act 1982 and Consumer Rights Act of 2015.
Legitimate interests – We collect and process some personal data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way you that would reasonably be expected as part of running our business; for example, to better understand our customers and assist in the completion of orders.
Personal Data We Collect
We may collect and process some or all the following information:
- Your name, address, phone number, email address, gender, date of birth and other contact information.
- Details of payments that you make to us (payment card details and other transaction details are held by a trusted third-party payment provider);
- Information about your order and payment history.
- Copies of proof of identification or proof of address provided to us.
- The marketing preferences that you provide to us confirming whether you would like us to contact you with information and offers that may be of interest to you.
Sharing Personal Data
We may need to share your personal data with third parties. In such cases your data will only be shared with parties who adhere to GDPR, data will only be used for the exact purpose we specify, data will be transferred and stored securely and will be deleted or anonymised if we stop working with that third party.
The following list is indicative of third parties with whom we share data (but is non-exhaustive and may change from time-to-time):
- Postal services, delivery couriers or suppliers providing direct deliveries on our behalf.
- Review sites – We use Trustpilot as a data processor to assist with collecting feedback from people who have had a buying or service experience with Tate Fencing.
- Third-party service providers (including contractors and designated agents) IT services, auditors/assessors, consultants and service providers.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties, and we will only share data for the reasons detailed above.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) gives you the following rights:
Right to be informed – The data subject has the right to be informed of any data stored about them. The data subject must explicitly consent to the use/storage of the data.
Right of access – The data subject has the right to access any data stored about them.
Right to rectification – The data subject has the right to rectify any errors in the data stored about them.
Right to erasure – The data subject has the right to have their data removed.
Right to restrict processing – The data subject has the right to have their data only used for the agreed purpose.
Right to data portability – The data subject has the right to have their data sent to them in a common format, so they can move it elsewhere.
Right to object – The data subject has the right to object to the use of their data for users that have not been agreed to.
Rights regarding automated decision making – The data subject has the right to disagree with any automated decision-making processes or automatic profiling.
Retaining and Protecting Personal Data
We take the necessary security arrangements to protect your personal data that is in our possession to prevent unauthorised access, use, disclosure, or similar risks. We take reasonable and appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data and will only share your data with authorised persons for the exact purpose we specify. We will make every endeavour to ensure that personal and financial data is only kept for as long as is necessary. We will determine the length of time that we keep it for based on minimum retention periods required by law or regulation, or if we determine that there is a legitimate, provable business reason for doing so.
Withdrawal from Marketing
We aim to provide you with only informative and relevant content in our email newsletters, but you can withdraw consent for us to market to you:
- By clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any marketing email we send
- By contacting us directly and asking to opt out
If you think that any information, we are holding on you may be incorrect or incomplete, or if you would like to request details of what we hold – please write to:
The Data Protection Controller
Tate Fencing Limited
Flimwell TN5 7PR
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your web browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.